2009년 7월 1일 수요일

Design web sites for user, not for yourself

Sometimes some designers tell that this web site is bulid for our user.. That say, he/she considers many elements which could make users using more comfortablely and more conveniently... But could users feel same like yourself? Maybe, not...

Some designers really consider users who would visit and use your web site.
However, you are not your users. you are not same as your users. Their words that this web site is for my users never support the real opinions and feelings of your users. In some cases, some designer tells me that this elements would help users use this web site more efficiently because I consider deeply and am sure. In this case, I want to tell him "Are you a real user? How can you be sure this? You are not a user and then you cannot be sure this." But he/she never agree.

If you really consider your user... you should make a contact with him/her. If necessary, you could conduct a user research. If you are closer to your user
and get his/her real opinions and attitudes, you can be sure... If not, you never say and make sure that I consider deeply my users and this web site is build for my users.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기